Power Through Partnership [EPUB]
06 November 2014, 13:59
2014 | EPUB | 2.15MB
Betsy Polk and Maggie Chotas have learned something powerful: when women work together they discover a level of support, flexibility, confidence, accountability, and freedom to be themselves that they rarely find in other work relationships. Drawing on their own twelve-year partnership and from interviews with 125 women business partners, Polk and Chotas demolish the myths that keep women from collaborating and offer advice for handling a host of potential challenges. This groundbreaking book shows that when women team up—combining complementary skills, channeling their egos into the partnership, and encouraging each other—they can work as full equals to achieve something that’s exponentially greater than each woman alone.
Trade Mindfully [PDF]
06 November 2014, 13:45
2014 | PDF | 4.93MB
Successful traders need to be well-versed and skilled in a wide range of business and economic areas. But now, in addition to effective trading strategies and sound money management techniques, traders need to possess the know-how to handle the mental and emotional challenges of working in a highly volatile environment. Trade Mindfully is a unique resource that applies cutting-edge psychological techniques to trading skills, allowing readers to improve their mental outlooks and maximize the potential of their trading strategies. This book draws upon recent psychological research in behaviorism to teach new approaches that call for better focus, more confidence, and more positive perspectives and outcomes.
One of the key concepts covered in the book is mindfulness, a state of mind traditionally touted in the East for its ability to reduce stress and increase perspective, useful qualities for traders looking to rise above emotional obstacles and the poor results they cause. The author also discusses the importance of High Value Trading Actions (HVAs), specific actions that are under a trader's control. With this guide, trading professionals will be able to form solid strategies based on a combination of these notions and practices, leading to higher levels of trading performance.
- Applies sound psychological practice and evidence-based research to the trading profession
- Covers the psychological perspectives and mental skills needed to succeed in today's trading world
- Focuses on key concepts that lead to deliberate practice, specific trading activities, and increased awareness and focus
- Designed to help traders deal with the emotional challenges that come with uncertainty and risk
Trade Mindfully touches on the most essential concepts for anyone intrigued by what trading psychology has to offer, and delivers the best strategies for achieving the right mental skills for peak performance.
The Activity Illusion [EPUB]
05 November 2014, 04:47
2012 | EPUB | 0.2MB
Why are we working harder than ever and yet being less effective? Why do we let work bleed into family life and holidays? The Activity Illusion breaks open the vicious circle of hyperactive work practices and shows how to fix it for you and your organisation.
You will discover:
- how to work less and be more effective in your job
- why activity has become the new status
- how up to 20% of your organisation’s payroll gets soaked up by ineffective use of email
- why we get “addicted” to email and BlackBerry
- how to create the virtuous circle of an effective work life and a great life outside the office.