Secrets of the Moneylab [EPUB]
27 November 2014, 09:30
2010 | EPUB | 0.5MB
Experimental economist Kay-Yut Chen leads an economics lab at Hewlett- Packard-the first of its kind at any company. His groundbreaking research into human behavior has turned into tangible results for HP. He has saved the company millions of dollars, simply by explaining why people really do the things they do. MoneyLab offers practical lessons being put to use right now at HP and other leading companies. It explains, for instance, how to:
- Use incentives to influence employees, suppliers, and buyers
- Determine whom to trust, and how much
- Reduce the negative effects of irrational behavior by noticing patterns that don't seem logical
- Take advantage of the human tendency to game the system
In the spirit of Predictably Irrational, but with a more practical approach, Chen shows how to translate the findings of behavioral economics into concrete actions to achieve new levels of success.
Mastering the Trade [EPUB]
27 November 2014, 09:23
2012 | EPUB | 15.68MB
When it was first published in 2005, Mastering the Trade became an instant classic in the world of day trading. Now, veteran day trader and educator John F. Carter has updated his time-proven swing trading technique to help you succeed in an environment vastly transformed by volatility and technology.
Universally acclaimed for its sophisticated yet easy-to-execute methods, this practical, results-driven guide provides everything you need to make a lucrative career as a day trader—from preparing yourself psychologically for the unique demands of day trading to timing the market, managing risk, and planning future trades.
Mastering the Trade sets aside timeworn basics and rehashed ideas to examine in detail the underlying factors that cause prices to move. Providing the tools you need to make the right decisions at the right times, it helps you enter market shifts early and either pull out before losses accrue or hang on for a long and refreshingly predictable ride. Mastering the Trade covers:
- The five psychological truths that will transform you from a mistake-prone novice into a savvy trading professional
- Exact entry, exit, and stop-loss levels for the intraday trading of stocks, options, ETFs, e-mini futures, 30-year bonds, currencies, and more
- Seven key internals, from $TICKS to five-minute volume—critical for gauging pending market direction from the opening bell
- Premarket checklists for analyzing recent market behavior and calculating on each trading day what you plan to do, how you plan to do it, and why
- Airtight risk control techniques for protecting trading capital—the most important component of a professional trading career
After spending many years on various trading desks, Carter has developed an intuitive understanding of how the markets work. In Mastering the Trade, he gives you unlimited access to everything the markets have taught him—so you can make an exceptional living on the frontlines of professional trading.
Thriving in the New Economy [EPUB]
27 November 2014, 09:16
2009 | EPUB | 1.26MB
Survive and thrive in today's economy
These are make-or-break times for business leaders. In today's defining moment, the "New Economy," CEOs and other leaders in a wide variety of industries must face unprecedented conditions.
Thriving in the New Economy gives you a unique look into some of today's best economic and business minds. A series of close profiles, the book offers inspirational personal stories, useful advice, and actionable strategies you can use immediately to skirt financial peril, seize opportunities, and flourish in the New Economy.
- Profiles include financial publisher Steve Forbes, The Vanguard Group founder Jack Bogle, Former National Economic Council Director and Former Special Assistant to the President on Economic Policy Lawrence Lindsey, former FDIC chair Donald Powell, Saks CEO Steve Sadove, Toyota Motor Sales U.S.A. President Jim Lentz, legendary vulture investor Wilbur Ross and more
- Looks at how leaders in economics, banking, automobiles, real estate, and retail are not just avoiding the unraveling economy, but actively evolving and growing their businesses
- Foreword by H. Wayne Huizenga; Afterword by Rudy Giuliani
If you're looking for the way forward through today's business wilderness, Thriving in the New Economy lets you in on how some leaders use challenges not just to survive but thrive.