The FT Essential Guide to Writing a Business Plan, 2nd Edition [EPUB]
16 January 2016, 10:56
2015 | EPUB + PDF | 5.53/8.25MB
In one engaging, outcome-oriented book, The FT Essential Guide to Writing a Business Plan gives you:
- The essential knowledge you need to write a winning business plan – quickly and without fuss
- Guidance on how to focus throughout on the plan’s purpose – to win backing
- Samples of what a good plan looks like, so you can benchmark your own as you write it
- Checklists, tips, examples and milestones to ensure you’re on target
- Prompts to reflect on, evaluate and learn from your experience
With advice that’s instantly applicable, whether your business is a start-up or a more established company looking to grow, this is the one guide you need to create a credible and persuasive plan.
FT Guide to Bond and Money Markets [EPUB]
16 January 2016, 10:54
2015 | EPUB + PDF | 10.84/16.49MB
This jargon-busting book describes how the bond and money markets work and how they impact on everyday life. It assumes no specialised prior knowledge of finance theory and provides an authoritative and comprehensive run-down of the workings of the modern financial system.
It’s in the money markets where money, or the value of money, can be bought and sold. It’s the place where Treasury bills, deposits, repurchase agreements, short-lived mortgages etc, can be traded. These are crucial to the global economy because they provide liquidity funding for the global financial system.
Bond markets operate in the same way but are financial markets where participants can issue new debt or buy and sell existing debt – known as bonds. As with money markets, bond markets are key because they provide money where no money previously existed (think of your mortgage).
Using real world examples from media such as the Financial Times, bestselling author Glen Arnold gives an international perspective on these markets.
- Understand key bond and money market terms and banking products
- Explore the wide variety of types of markets and their functions eg. LIBOR, gilts, government debt
- Gain insight into the main factors influencing prices in the financial markets
- Learn how fluctuations in the money markets can affect you and your own money strategies
Meaningful: The Story of Ideas That Fly [EPUB]
15 January 2016, 18:06
2015 | EPUB | 1.09MB
Our new digital landscape has spawned an entrepreneurial culture and the belief that anyone with a laptop and an Internet connection has the power to change the world—to create an idea that flies. But for every groundbreaking business that started this way, a thousand others have stalled or failed. Why? What’s the secret to success? What do Khan Academy, the GoPro camera, the Dyson vacuum cleaner and Kickstarter have in common?
After years of consulting with hundreds of innovators, creatives, entrepreneurs and business leaders to help them tell the stories of their ideas, I have discovered something: every business that flies starts not with the best idea, the biggest budget or better marketing, but with the story of someone who wants to do something—and can’t.
We don’t change the world by starting with our brilliant ideas, our dreams; we change the world by helping others to live their dreams. The story of ideas that fly is the story of the people who embrace them, love them, adopt them, care about them and share them. Successful ideas are the ones that become meaningful to others—helping them to see what’s possible for them.
Our ideas fly when we show others their wings.