5 Steps to Rapid Employment: The Job You Want at the Pay You Deserve [EPUB]
14 April 2016, 18:35
2014 | EPUB | 2.68MB
Sporadically responding to job openings is not the way to find lucrative employment. In today's job market, you have to separate yourself from the competition with crystal clarity—which means approaching your job campaign strategically.
In 5 Steps to Rapid Employment, veteran career expert Jay Block reveals his proven system for fi nding and getting the job you want, whether you're just out of college or transitioning into a new career. Follow Block's simple process to:
- Manage fear and negative emotions that impede success
- Define clear job and career goals
- Create high-impact self-marketing tools
- Develop strategic action plans that will become the job seeker's GPS to the next job
- Take action and master self-marketing skills
Making Hope Happen: Create the Future You Want for Yourself and Others [EPUB]
08 April 2016, 13:58
2013 | EPUB | 2.63MB
How do some people make good things happen and bounce back from setbacks? Why do they lead happier, healthier, more productive lives? It’s because they have hope—not because of luck, or intelligence, or money. So, what exactly is hope and how can you get it, too?
Using discoveries from the largest study of hopeful people ever conducted, world-renowned expert on the psychology of hope Shane J. Lopez, Ph.D., reveals that hope is not just an emotion but an essential life tool. Hope is also a leading indicator of success in relationships, academics, career, and business. With Making Hope Happen you can measure your level of hope and learn how to create and share it.
In this newest evolution of positive psychology, Dr. Lopez provides strategies for building a high-hope mind-set and shares uplifting stories of real people—parents, educators, entrepreneurs, young and old people with health challenges, and civic leaders— who create hope and who change their own lives as well as their schools, workplaces, and communities. They include:
- The CEO who befriended a curious nine-year-old, bringing him into the company and transforming his attitude toward school and future goals.
- A young entrepreneur who worked to change laws that stood in his way, recruited friends to support his start-up, and rebuilt from scratch after a fire.
- The college president whose creative fundraising during the worst of the economic downturn kept her neediest seniors in school through graduation.
- The city council members who developed a visionary recovery plan only days after their community was flattened by a tornado.
- Two mothers and a principal who reversed decades of neglect and mismanagement to turn a failing school into a neighborhood magnet.
- A college student who is thriving after two heart transplants, and whose hopeful self-care has been key to her survival.
Making Hope Happen is for people who believe that the future can be better than the past or the present and who are looking for a way to make it so. The message is clear: Hope matters. Hope is a choice. Hope can be learned. Hope is contagious.
Learn Bookkeeping in 7 Days: Don't Fear the Tax Man [EPUB]
03 April 2016, 09:20
2010 | EPUB | 12.5MB
- Do you struggle with keeping your books?
- Do you dread facing your finances?
- Do you constantly fear that the tax man will come knocking?
Learn Bookkeeping in 7 Days is your step-by-step guide to taking the stress out of keeping your books!
This small business guide covers all of the basics, from setting up a general ledger through to confidently conquering your BAS, and all that's in between. In 7 quick and easy steps this book arms you with the knowledge you need to move to more advanced systems and will free up your time to focus on your business.
Packed full of taxation tips, tricks and traps, this is essential reading for all small business owners and anyone wanting to easily and quickly learn bookkeeping.