B4B: How Technology and Big Data Are Reinventing the Customer-Supplier Relationship [EPUB]
08 June 2016, 07:17
2013 | EPUB | 7.09MB
Industry after industry is becoming technology-driven as software rapidly eats the world. As it spreads, so do complexity and opportunity. There are clear signs that the traditional B2B business model designed 125 years ago as a simple “make, sell, ship” approach for early manufacturing companies is no longer capable of delivering the full potential of high-tech and near-tech solutions. B4B seeks to frame what is possible in an age where suppliers are connected to their customers in real time.
The traditional world of B2B was designed to sell things to customers, whereas the new B4B model will be about delivering outcomes for customers. It’s a whole new ballgame. Using powerful models and specific examples, B4B envisions a next-generation tech industry where suppliers play an active, ongoing role in helping business customers achieve unparalleled value from their technology investments.
Judgment: How Winning Leaders Make Great Calls [EPUB]
08 June 2016, 05:45
2007 | EPUB | 2.36MB
“With good judgment, little else matters. Without it, nothing else matters.”
Whether we’re talking about United States presidents, CEOs, Major League coaches, or wartime generals, leaders are remembered for their best and worst judgment calls. In the face of ambiguity, uncertainty, and conflicting demands, the quality of a leader’s judgment determines the fate of the entire organization. That’s why judgment is the essence of leadership.
Yet despite its importance, judgment has always been a fairly murky concept. The leadership literature has been conspicuously quiet on what, exactly, defines it. Does judgment differ from common sense or gut instinct? Is it a product of luck? Of smarts? Or is there a process for making consistently good calls?
Noel Tichy and Warren Bennis have each spent decades studying and teaching leadership and advising top CEOs such as Jack Welch and Howard Schultz. Now, in their first collaboration, they offer a powerful framework for making tough calls when the stakes are high and the right path is far from obvious. They show how to recognize the critical moment before a judgment call, when swift and decisive action is essential, and also how to execute a decision after the call.
Tichy and Bennis bring their three-dimensional model to life with interviews with world-class leaders who have thrived or suffered because of their judgment calls. These stories include:
- Jeff Immelt, CEO of General Electric, whose judgment to grow through research and development transformed GE into the world’s premier technology growth company.
- Joel Klein, chancellor of the New York City Department of Education, who made tough calls about teachers, students, and parents while turning around a troubled school system.
- Jim McNerney, CEO of Boeing, whose strategic judgment helped him reinvigorate his company and restore a culture of trust and respect.
- The late general Wayne Downing, who found an unexpected opportunity in the midst of crisis when he led the Special Operations raid to capture Manuel Noriega.
- A. G. Lafley, CEO of Procter & Gamble, who bet $57 billion to purchase Gillette and reinvent his company.
- Brad Anderson, CEO of Best Buy, who made the call to commit totally to a customer-centric strategy and led his people to execute it.
Whether you’re running a small department or a global corporation, Judgment will give you a framework for evaluating any situation, making the call, and correcting if necessary during the execution phase. It will show you how to handle the overlapping domains of people, strategy, and crisis management. And it will help you teach your entire team to make the right call more often.
No organization can afford to neglect this crucial discipline—and no previous book has ever brought it into such clear focus.
Prosper!: How to Prepare for the Future and Create a World Worth Inheriting [EPUB]
08 June 2016, 04:36
2015 | EPUB | 4.05MB
The Next 20 Years Will Be Completely Different From The Past
Current global trends are bleak: weak economic growth, too much debt, declining incomes for the lower 99%, a dangerous addiction to fossil fuels, and ecological destruction – just to name a few. Many of us understandably feel resigned to an eroding standard of living in the years to come. At best.
But what if we told you that there are specific, attainable steps you can take today that can limit your vulnerability to these trends and help you be:
- Live with greater purpose
- More valued by others
- Safer from harm
That’s exactly what Prosper! offers: a blueprint for taking control of and improving your destiny. It outlines practical, actionable investments of your time & resources that will ensure you enjoy greater prosperity in your life, whatever the future may bring.
In Prosper!, Martenson and Taggart will explain:
- The trends mostly likely to shape your life over the next 20 years
- Why developing resilience offers your best chance for thriving, even though society may suffer from the changes these trends may bring
- How to build true wealth
- What specific actions to take now to secure a prosperous future, no matter what the future holds
- How everybody can benefit from this guidance, regardless of age, income or ability How we can best serve the next generation by the actions we take today